Students are confirmed at St. Bartholomew in the spring of their 9th grade year. When does their preparation begin? As soon as they step foot into the EDGE program in 6th grade. EDGE, our middle school program, is designed to equip our students with the tools necessary to begin fostering a personal relationship with Jesus, establishing a prayer life and coming to understand the beauty of their Catholic Faith. Over the course of three years, students will be prepared for confirmation, and upon moving into 9th grade, will be asked to complete some “confirmation specific” preparatory pieces. These are as follows:
• Attend Confirmation Kick-Off Meeting
• Complete 25 Service hours; completion of a 2-page service reflection paper
• Completion of the confirmation prayer journal
• Attend all five candidate/sponsor formation events
• One-on-one meeting with the Youth Minister
Although it is not mandatory, students will also be strongly encouraged to participate in LIFE TEEN, which is taking the place of our previous weekly confirmation prep program. In utilizing our LIFE TEEN program (and others), teens will be challenged in their faith and encouraged to become more involved in the community here at St. Bartholomew.